Position: Parasport Coordinator
Position type: Full time - 1 Year Contract
Region: Throughout New Brunswick
Hours of operation: Includes evenings and weekends
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023
Parasport New Brunswick is seeking outgoing, personable and self-motivated individuals as our Parasport Coordinator. The Parasport Coordinator will be responsible for delivering multisport programs throughout the province.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Parasport Coordinator will create a calendar of multisport programs to be delivered regionally. This will include:
- Coordination and collaboration with the sport specific PSOs on learn to play programs
- Coordination and logistics on providing multisport programs (Booking facilities, scheduling, training, coordination of equipment and fitting equipment, recruitment of volunteers, program promotion and program delivery)
- Coordinate a number of Coach Education/Training Opportunities
- Learn basic classification for para sports offered
- Work with the program manager on volunteer training
- Identify and enhance regional community partners
- Collaborate with PSOs and Parasport NB staff for additional camps
- Promote programs on social media channels
- Write bi- annual and annual reports
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience in sport programing and community partnerships
- Team orientated with a multisport background
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of para sports, equipment and programs
- Knowledge of the sport delivery system in New Brunswick
- NCCP training
- Post-secondary education in Sport and/or Recreation; or relevant experience to the position
This position is created through the collaboration with Hockey New Brunswick, Tennis New Brunswick, Vélo New Brunswick, Swim New Brunswick, Cross Country Ski New Brunswick, Triathlon New Brunswick, Athletics New Brunswick and will be administered by Parasport New Brunswick.
Salary: The salary will commensurate with experience.
Applications: Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.